Shop, Dine or Fill your tank to help out Michael Landquist.
Michael Landquist, a student at Nevis High School, was in a car accident that left him with a myriad of injuries. The Junior has had two surgeries already and may need more before starting physical therapy. Many area businesses wanted to help out, so A Day Out for Michael will raise money for the cause.
A Day Out for Michael is Saturday, April 28th. Locations in Akeley, Dorset and Nevis will be donating their time and earnings to the Landquist Medical Fund.
So far, these businesses are participating in a Day Out:
1. Iron Horse: 25% of earnings from 11:00a.m.-10:00p.m.
2. T&M Express: 5% of gas and diesel sales and 10% of merchandise sales open to close
3. Leona’s: 25% of earnings from 4:00-close
4. Muskie Waters Co.: 50% of earnings from open to close
5. Northwoods Cafe: 100% of earnings from 4:00-8:00
6. Akeley ARCC: 25% of earnings from open to close
7. Dorset Chick’n Coop: 10% of earnings from open to close
There’s also a basketball game that day at Nevis School. The Legends Alumni game: Team Wolff vs. Team Stanwick starts at 3 PM. Free will donation taken at the door. There will also be a Silent Auction from 2 PM – 5:30 PM.