Family-Friendly Friday is back with what’s up this weekend for family fun.
Friday, April 27, 2018
Heartland Homes Fundraiser Dinner & Silent Auction
Heartland Homes has been serving the community for 40 years, celebrate with them at their Annual Turkey Ham Fundraiser Dinner at the American Legion.
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Shop, dine or fill your tank at local businesses in the area. Many different area businesses are involved including:
1. Iron Horse: 25% of earnings from 11:00a.m.-10:00p.m.
2. T&M Express: 5% of gas and diesel sales and 10% of merchandise sales open to close
3. Leona’s: 25% of earnings from 4:00-close
4. Muskie Waters Co.: 50% of earnings from open to close
5. Northwoods Cafe: 100% of earnings from 4:00-8:00
6. Akeley ARCC: 25% of earnings from open to close
7. Dorset Chick’n Coop: 10% of earnings from open to close
There’s also an alumni basketball game from 3 PM – 5 PM in Nevis School. Coach Wolff vs. Coach Stanwick, free will donation at the entrance.
Beagle and Wolf Books & Bindery is celebrating Independent Bookstore Day all day long.
Eric Bergeson signing at 11AM.
Hometown launch of Stray City by Chelsey Johnson at 1PM.
Special merchandise available at indie bookstores only! Door Prizes!
Insider Tip: Check out the Happy Pac for a special Beagle and Wolf Books & Bindery coupon. Stop by the Visitor’s Center for Happy Pac’s, they’re in the entry way.
Spring Bird Migration on the North Country Trail
Free guided birding hike along the North Country Trail in Itasca State Park. Hike starts at 12:30, dress for the weather and bring a snack.
Meet at the North Country Trail Head by the South Entrance of Itasca State Park (along Highway 71).
Sunday, April 29, 2018
See more Events on our calendar.
Got a slow day? Look through your photo albums for a picture to enter in our 100 Years of Summer Photo Contests.
Get ready for the fishing opener with fishing tips from Capt. Josh.
Check lake conditions with our Webcams.