History of the Park Rapids Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
- 1918 – The organization was established
- 1958 – The Chamber of Commerce merged with the Resort Association merged
- 1969 – A new Chamber Visitor Center was built on Hwy 71 South
- 2003 -We became the Park Rapids Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce and The All Veterans Memorial was built just south of the Chamber.
- 2004 – Construction began on the new Park Rapids State Wayside Rest Building
- 2005 – Chamber moved into the new Wayside Rest building, the Gateway to our community.
- 2013 – Hosted the Statewide Governor’s Fishing Opener bringing the community together
- 2015 – Hosted the inaugural Minnesota Bike Opener
This year we’re celebrating our 100th birthday with 100 Years of Summer!